A company’s board sets the business direction and regularly reviews the strategic progress. On this basis, the annual budgets and performance targets are set, it is ensured that the remuneration arrangements effectively contribute to the implementation of the corporate strategy and actually reflect the performance delivered in each case.
By definition, the compensation committee is responsible for the appropriate design of the compensation policy throughout the company as well as for the target-oriented compensation of the executive board. The compensation committee is responsible for the development and implementation of the general compensation principles as well as for their successful application and submits recommendations to the full board of directors accordingly.
A sustainable compensation system creates a framework that motivates employees to excel and also rewards company performance as well as individual performance in a balanced manner.
In this seminar, which is primarily designed for current and nominated members of the board of directors as well as CEOs, company owners and entrepreneurs, various potential problem areas in individual topics of the compensation committee will be examined in a practical manner and pragmatic approaches to solutions will be presented.
Main topics of this seminar
- How does the board of directors cooperate and interact with the compensation committee?
- How can the collaboration between the compensation committee and the CEO, CFO and Head of HR be characterised and optimised?
- What are the exact tasks of the compensation committee and to what extent are they fulfilled?
- How is the annual cycle of the compensation committee structured?
- What should be observed with regard to the Swiss Code of Best Practice and the Ordinance against excessive remuneration in companies listed in the Swiss Performance Index?
- Is the compensation of the board of directors in line with the corporate strategy and with the market conditions?
- What are fundamental considerations and current aspects to be taken into consideration regarding the compensation of the executive board and the board of directors? What trends are emerging?
Benefits for participants
In addition to the opportunity to exchange ideas with the experts and on an equal level with other participants at this exclusive seminar, you will receive sound, up-to-date and practice-related knowledge and insights on:
- The development of a sustainable remuneration system
- The definition of crucial remuneration principles
- Potential challenges, their prevention and suitable strategies to manage them successfully
- Potential opportunities, possibilities, stumbling blocks and success factors in the cooperation with employees at the top management level of a company at C-level (CEO, CFO, COO)
- Requirements a remuneration committee must fulfill
- The practical implementation of the Ordinance against excessive compensation in companies listed in the Swiss Performance Index
- Pragmatic solutions for all compensation issues
Based on their many years of experience and daily insights into the working methods and remuneration systems of numerous companies and organisations in a wide range of industries, the remuneration experts at klingler consultants repeatedly find that there are very different implementation practices of the Ordinance against excessive remuneration in companies listed in the Swiss Performance Index with regard to executive and board remuneration. There is often a lack of clarity and a remarkable uncertainty in these issues.
When it comes to aligning or preparing companies for today’s and tomorrow’s business needs from a remuneration policy perspective, competence in the compensation committee is crucial. Only professionalism and a sound market knowledge in all areas of remuneration strategy combined with practice-oriented know-how and best-practice expertise lead to sustainable success!
This seminar shall be held virtually or at a locality remaining to be defined. Participants may choose one of the following dates / times:
- Thursday, January 13th, 2022, from 1:30 to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 19th, 2022, from von 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 1st, 2022, from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Thursday, February 24th, 2022, from 08:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022, from 1:30 to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 29th, 2022, from 1:30 to 5:00 pm
For further information on seminar options, content and organisational details, event dates and registration, kindly contact:
- Fritz Nobs, Senior Project Manager Executive Compensation
T: +41 44 542 26 51 / E-Mail: email@example.com
- Urs Klingler, CEO / Managing Partner
T: +41 44 542 26 44 / E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serge Gachoud, Senior Project Manager
T: +41 44 542 26 48 / E-Mail:email@example.com